Due to the Covid19 virus all sessions in 2020 have had to be cancelled. Assuming that the pandemic will be over (or at least under control) by next summer, we are posting the provisional dates and prices for 2021. Because of the uncertainty, it is too early for us to accept payments for bookings, but if you are interested, please fill in the booking form at the bottom of the page and we will keep you up to date with developments.
Dates and prices for 2021 – our 33rd season
This page provides information about the DATES and PRICES for next summer’s workshops/courses at The Painting School of Montmiral. Also, at the bottom of this page, you will find some helpful travel information and an online booking form. For information about what artist supplies you need to bring with you, please go to our “facilities” page
- Saturday 19 June – Saturday 3 July 2021
- Saturday 24July – Saturday 7 August 2021
The first Saturday is arrivals day. Students can arrive any time after 11:00 am, although the first fixture is the evening meal at 7:30 pm. However, if travel arrangements permit, new students are encouraged to arrive earlier rather than later, as the Course Director likes to spend some introductory time with them before the course starts in earnest on Sunday morning. The last Saturday is departures day.
On arrivals day, we can arrange to pick you up either from Gaillac railway station (for free) or from Toulouse (Blagnac) airport (for a reasonable price). On departures day, we can take you in the reverse direction.
Prices below cover teaching, studio facilities, breakfasts, four evening meals and accommodation in a local gîte (a holiday home with two or three bedrooms).
- Single person with own bedroom: € 1490
- Couples or those who wish to share a bedroom with a friend should contact me on available price reductions.
- Non-painting partners: € 950 (includes breakfasts, four evening meals and shared bedroom).
- Cost without accommodation: € 920 (includes breakfasts and four evening meals).
Payments can be made by bank transfer in Euros. To convert the prices to your currency at the current exchange rate, use this Currency Converter.
* Several aspiring artists have come to Montmiral with the help of grants. If you are considering the idea of taking a university course (whether undergraduate or graduate), or if you are already at the stage of working independently and are hard pressed for funds for ongoing independent study, you might consider the availability of this option for the session you are interested in. In making the application, you should emphasise the uniqueness of the tuition available at this school. An easy way to do this would be to refer the grant giving body concerned to the Course Director page on this website. If your application is not accepted, let me know and I will look into your case with a view to deciding whether I can offer you a reduction.
Bookings will be confirmed upon receipt of a deposit of €600 per person.
The final payment should be made at least five weeks before arrival.
No refunds are made in the event of cancellation. Therefore students are strongly advised to take out a holiday insurance policy which will protect them against any unforseen eventualities.
Students need to make their own travel arrangements. The closest airport is Toulouse Blagnac, which is well served by scheduled flights within Europe. For a reasonable extra charge arrangements can usually be made for picking you up at Toulouse Blagnac airport. The drive to Castelnau de Montmiral takes around 50 minutes.
Alternatively there is a regular shuttle bus service to take you from Toulouse Blagnac airport to the train station at Toulouse Matabiau. The shuttle journey time from the airport to the train station varies according to the time of day and can take between 30 minutes and an hour. The train journey from Toulouse Matabiau to Gaillac is around 40 – 50 minutes. We will meet you at Gaillac for no extra charge. Click her for the “locality and maps” page on which you will find three maps that will help you to locate Toulouse, Gaillac, Castelnau de Montmiral and Rue de la Porte Neuve.
The booking form
Please fill in this online booking form and submit it. We will confirm receipt and send details of how and when to make payments.