To make it easier to find the Post that interests you, I have created a contents list divided into five categories. Most of the material in the categories “drawing”, “painting” and “creativity” comes from my books on those subjects. In addition there are sections for “Painting School News” and “Miscellaneous”. As a Preface to these there is a Post that explains the need for the material that can be found in my books.
The contents list detailing five categories and the Posts to be found within each of them:
- An inspirational 19th century teacher and his widespread influence on Modernism in drawing and painting
- Chapter 1: Accuracy versus expression
- Chapter 2: Traditional artistic practices
- Chapter 3: Modernist ideas that fed into new teaching methods
- Chapter 4: the sketch and explaining the feel-system.
- A fresh look at colour and light in painting, based on recent research and forgotten wisdoms.
- What are colourists (1): Some of the many meanings of the word?
- What are colourists (2): Difference between meaning for Venetian Coloiurists and for Modernist Colourists?
- Why do I call them “Early Modernist Painters”?
- An inspirational story: a child draws a potato
- The nature of truth
- The case for being a flat earther:
- “The first Modern Painter”: A surprise suggestion.
- Playful fancies as a stimulus to creativity
PAINTING SCHOOL NEWS
- A history of the origins of Castelnau de Montmiral: It is nearer to the true story than you will easily find.
Your comments on the Contents List page.
I look forward to your comments in the section provided at the bottom of each Post. When you have made them, please leave your email address and tick the box “Notify me of new posts by email.”