Click below for a contribution to the accuracy versus expression debate. It is the first chapter of my book “Drawing on the right Side of the Brain” which is made up of two volumes: “Drawing with Feeling” and “Drawing with Knowledge”. The drawing of Durer’s Mother below is one of the six illustrations in the chapter used to illustrate the expressive potential of the accuracy aspiration. Please enjoy.
Other posts including chapters from “Drawing on Both Sides of the Brain”.
- Chapter 1: Accuracy versus expression
- Chapter 2: Traditional artistic practices
- Chapter 3: Modernist ideas that fed into new teaching methods
- Chapter 4: the sketch and explaining the feel-system.
- Chapter 5: Negative shapes
- Chapter 6: Contour drawing
- Chapter 7: Copying Photographs
- Chapter 8: Fast drawing, learning and expression
Other drawing related Posts
- An inspirational 19th century teacher and his widespread influence on Modernism in drawing and painting