We took advantage of the meal at the end of our June session to celebrate the thirtieth anniversary of the Painting School, which had it first season in 1988. In addition to relishing the usual feast made by my daughter Katherine, several of us made toasts, had a cake with candles and finished with some music. The slide show below shows photos taken, by Sarah and various students, before, during and after the last meal of the June session. It shows:
- People finding their places and eating.
- Myself, Marie-Therese and Sarah making toasts.
- Sarah, my grandson Milo and his friend Khorene, putting candles on the cake.
- Appreciating the candlelit cake.
- Marie-Thérèse (who came as a student on 1988) and I blowing out the candles.
- Sawyer entertaining us with one of his Punk compositions.
- Katherine* and Loucine doing vocal improvisations to chords chosen and played by Sawyer.
- The now half empty room.